Wednesday, July 2, 2008

moors, take 250

Yesterday I was talking to j, and she said “there’s one thing I want you to do for me on your trip to euro.” i already have my list of must-gets for her (which are fabu, darling), so I wondered mildly what the new request would be. From my asshole best friend:

“please don’t take pictures of things that no one cares about. No one wants to see 50 pictures of a castle or a garden in paris.”

Slightly offended, I said that I didn’t take pictures for other peoples pleasure, just my own. Also, my girlfriend loves to photograph nature, so I’m sure there will be several mountainous, moory shots. Make that numerous mountainous, moory shots. If any of you saw rach’s old house, you’ll get what I’m saying (only one of said mountainous photos has made it up in the new house). Third, we are going to the harry potter castle and I sure as shit am going to take pictures of me in the owlery, me in the great hall, etc. I’m taking my harry potter armbands with me for effect. I expect lots of photos from this castle. Fourth, other than obsessions (harry potter, gardening) I don’t think I take pictures of static things that often.

I told Rachel about this, and she said did that count towards the hundreds of self portraits on j’s site? Indeed. So then I decided, just for you bestie, I will take about 50 self portraits on each journey, nay, maybe each day. Just for you and your flickr pleasure. Cheers.

No comments: