Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Le Douche

“Asked about his position on same-sex marriage a year ago, John Edwards said that he "personally [does] not"support gay marriage, citing his religious beliefs as basis for his opposition. Even without the hindsight we have recently acquired about Edwards' own marriage, this was the response of a bigot.” What a douchebag.

I am so sick of hypocrytes, y’all. At least I don’t think obama is one…I really believe he will do what he can to help our people achieve equality, even more so than hillary, who I love. Obama’s responses on the subject are more authentic, more meaningful, and more respectful and courageous than even Hill’s are. Obama is never condescending, and says repeatedly that it’s not up to him to tell gay people what to ask for (marriage vs. civil unions) and has urged the black community to be less homophobic, when he didn’t have to as it’s not really an issue this campaign. I cried when I saw him say that at Ebenezer in Atlanta, which then threw me in a crisis of who to vote for. I went for hillary, in the end, cause 10 years of obsession is hard to break. However, I wonder now if I made a mistake. The more I learn and read about Obama, the more hopeful I get that he can change things and that he is, in fact, different. He says he doesn’t want to be on the wrong side of history, and I believe him.

And the man would have to be an idiot to cheat on Michele, cause god knows she is stunning in everyway. Then again, so is he.

1 comment:

MAV said...

i know, i'm falling for obama more and more on a daily basis.

my fave quote is "I will never compromise on my commitment to equal rights for all LGBT Americans. But neither will I close my ears to the voices of those who still need to be convinced. That is the work that we must do to move foward together. It is difficult, it is challenging and it is necessary."