Tuesday, May 27, 2008

big bird

I want chickens. I want chickens so bad I can taste their cute little eggs in my mouth. Buddy was getting me two chicks (we picked them out at work) for my big 3-0 weeks ago, but rach put her foot down and said no. which makes sense, cause with all the packing and moving, job stresses and the tension with the dogs and cats, the last thing we need right now is two little chickens in the house. This brings me to reason #328 of why we’re a good match for each other because I would have found a way to keep them - they'd have been just fine in the guest bathroom.

So, I asked her if we could get the chickens for a housewarming gift (buddy said he’d help make the coop, too!) and she got upset with me and said she was simply overwhelmed with moving, her job, and thinking about the koi pond that I’m insisting on. So, no chickens right now.

But I think I’m going to broach the subject again in the fall. I am determined to have chickens, dammit. And kois. And two cats, two dogs, and four shrimp. One big happy family, y’all.

No comments: