Wednesday, May 21, 2008

lady fortuna, that tricky bitch

Well I thought 2007 and the difficulties of that year – my dad’s stroke and my aunt’s murder/suicide/accidental death – were done.

2008 comes and my grandmother passed suddenly and without explanation. And now it seems that lady fortuna’s wheel is still on a downward spiral for my family as my aunt Debbie has clear cell cancer, a most aggressive type, and has to under chemo and an emergency surgery to remove the equivalent of a 15 lb baby in a tumor.

Is it just that I’m older and these things happen as we age, or is my family cursed at the moment? I’m not sure. I’m not sure I even want to know.

and i cann't be mad at fortuna, because i also feel incredibly blessed with so many things in my life.

the complexities and minituae of life are just sometimes overwhelming. in a good way, mostly, but sometimes i just want to run away and hide.

No comments: